I'm going to stubbornly look at the bright side.

I was home for a week. I got a wonderful week of snuggles, stories, and Halloween fun with my monsters.

Unfortunately the J-Tube feeding tube trial is officially a failure. As the week went on I was able to get less and less formula in, and felt worse and worse and used more and more morphine. Today it became clear that it was time to throw in the towel and come back to the hospital for admission and TPN.

I am now comfortably hanging out in the ER, waiting on a bed upstairs.

Tomorrow I expect they will place a central line (either a PICC or a port) and restart TPN and get the process of home TPN started.

I also expect this will be sufficient to get the Mayo Clinic referral bumped up in priority.

It is a wrench - lost wages from time off, gas bills for driving back and forth and the emotional toll of being apart again all pile up.

But this is where I need to be.

Looking forward to not hurting and wanting to barf most of the time at least.

We will get through this again.

1 comments:

  1. Sending much love your way, friend. Wish I lived closer to give you a big hug in person. This will have to do (((((hug))))))

    Love, Nena

    Nena and Reese

Post a Comment